Pages

18:54

Friday 15th August

Today was a lovely lazy day. I went to bed nice and early at exactly 10pm last night and had my alarm set for 7.02 (I don't like to wake on the hour exactly, weird habit). I want to get back into a healthy sleeping routine. I have never struggled to get a good nights sleep but I think as we have moved around a lot the last couple of months my body is a bit confused. I also know that proper sleep contributes to your mindset, which in turn helps get rid of this extra fat!! 

When I woke up I was a little confused as nobody had left for work so I discovered it was a bank holiday! I ha no plans for the day other than to be incredibly lazy and watch a whole lot of Suits!

I didn't know what I felt like for breakfast and realised we had oats in te cupboard. I usually avoid all grains and higher GI carbohydrates but oats are still considered clean and I really fancied some porridge. So chocolate protein oats were made with water- no dairy here!
For lunch I had leftovers from last night. Tuna steak with quinoa and a tomato sauce. 
Dried cranberries, almonds and pecans for an afternoon snack, along with half a banana, an apple and a nectarine at different points/after lunch and dinner. 
For dinner we had a traditional Creole meal, called Columbo. It is chicken cooked in the Caribbean version of curry powder containing Tumeric, Cumin, Corriander, Mustard, Ginger, Fenugreek, Cloces and Pepper. There is also usually a mix of vegetables such as mango, aubergine, courgette and potatoes, however we just had potatoes. I really like it, but when I have had it before it was too greasy but the flavours really remind me of Piccalilli (my nan makes the best!!).

I had mine with broccoli instead of rice. It was really good, and the best I have had so far (Sorry Estelle's mum!)!

I thoroughly enjoyed my lazy day as I also got in an episode of Runnig Wild with Bear Grylls and Zac Efron. Corr- he is so gorgoeus! Fancied him since High School Musical!

I'm off to bed now, 10pm, and am going for a run tomorrow at 6 before heading to the beach for the day. I need some sunshine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment